Pro-Ject 2Xperience SB DC
The Pro-Ject 2Xperience SB DC is based on the 2Xperience belt-drive concept which incorporates over 20 years of turntable design experience. The addition of a precision DC motor control, electronic speed changing and the high end 9cc Evolution carbon fibre tone arm results in vastly improved playback quality unheard of at this price point.
The heavy chassis is made from MDF using a non-resonant construction technique. The turntable platter is built with heavy, non-resonant materials in a precisely balanced sandwich configuration. A layer of reused vinyl records acts as the perfect turntable mat. A threaded and light-weight record clamp eliminates unwanted record vibration and rumbling of the main platter bearing.
The audio performance of the final product benefits from the multi-layered resonance-free platter – avoiding the ringing effect inherent with metal and glass platters. The 2Xperience SB DC is not only equipped with a class leading tone arm, but comes pre-fitted with the Ortofon 2M Silver magnetic cartridge. This exclusive to Pro-Ject audio cartridge makes use of silver voice coils for a truly revealing and engaging audio experience. A protective acrylic dust cover is also included.
2 Xperience Features
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- High mass precision balanced sandwich platter with vinyl mat
- Record clamp tightens record to platter
- MDF chassis
- inverted tone arm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- 9” Carbon EVO tone arm with Evo Kardan rings
- Advanced Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge featuring silver spools for ultimate fidelity
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Speed: 33 and 45 (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive
- Platter: 300mm MDF
- Mains bearing: stainless steel
- Wow & flutter: +/- 0.08%
- Speed drift: +/- 0.5%
- Signal to noise: – 70dB
- Tone arm: 9” Carbon EVO
- Effective arm length: 230 mm
- Effective arm mass: 8.5 g
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Tracking force: 10 – 30mN
- Included accessories: 15 volts DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover
- Power connection: 230/240 Volt – 50 or 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 4 watt max / < 0.5 watt standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 160 x 360 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 7.7 kg net
HANA Moving coil cartridge with Elliptical Stylus
The Hana Series has been developed with significance placed on easy use and set-up, as well as high performance reproduction. The Hana EL and EH cartridges have a synthetic Elliptical diamond stylus fitted to a high rigidity aluminium cantilever with cross-shaped armature, offering super transparency and excellent track ability. The body is manufactured from a composite low resonance plastic material in dark green.
The competitively priced high output moving coil cartridge offers great quality sound referenced against similar priced cartridges. Hana’s EH (Elliptical High output) supplies 2mV output, so that they can be directly connected to MM phono input for vinyl reproduction.
Manufactured by: Excel Sound Corporation (Japan)
For a great review head over to Review
For more information on the 2Xperience head over to Pro-Ject
For an alternative to this turntable head over to Concept