Pro-Ject X1 Turntable
The design of the Pro-Ject X1 is carefully tuned to offer the most critical features for the best price. Everything is put together with Pro-Ject‘s decade long experience in making the best-performing turntables without blowing the budget. MDF is 2-3 times more expensive than standard particle boards, not to mention a plastic chassis, but sounds and feels way better.
The X1 luxury 8 layers of painting and the hand polished finish are 3-4 times more expensive than simple foils. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. This adds additional cost, but performs many times better than a simple, direct powered AC motor.
For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system. In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon Aluminium sandwich construction tone arm. This new 8.6” tone arm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing head shell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. Thus offering the flexibility that so many people are asking for, especially in this and even lower price ranges.
The tone arm is then supplied with a TPE damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge tone arm resonances. The X1 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimised for turntable use.
Lastly, height adjustable feet in their Aluminium TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on.
The X1 has all the high end features of modern turntable designs to maximise the music and listening experience. All these features can in fact be done at a reasonable cost. Due to our extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, we put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money.
Pro-Ject X1 Features
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon aluminium sandwich tone arm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tone arm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon for highly dynamic and full sound
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables – purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Speed variance: 33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
- Wow & flutter: 33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%