Concept Active Turntable
Beneath the refined, contemporary exterior lies a level of technical sophistication unique to Clearaudio. The Concept Active chassis comprises a core of natural medium-density wood fibre within an aluminium surround and upper layer incorporating a high tech synthetic compound. This composite of materials eliminates the detrimental effects caused by unwanted vibrations.
The DC motor is fed by an external voltage-stabilised power supply and is completely decoupled from the chassis, isolating the record from any mechanical interference. The tone arm features a magnetic bearing that is friction-free for extremely low distortion and superb performance. The package is completed with the high-quality Clearaudio MM Concept cartridge. With this turntable package, Clearaudio offers you an extremely innovative design that is very affordable.
The revolutionary Concept Active combines the highest quality of music playback with a design that has won several awards worldwide – including the German Design Award and ‘Best Turntable’ award from ‘What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision’ magazine. With the Concept, to find an affordable entry point to the high-end world is a breeze. It reveals the magic of optimum sound reproduction even for those music lovers who could not previously afford this experience. A frictionless magnetic bearing tone arm is responsible for the optimal performance of the cartridges. All critical parameters from cartridge tracking weight to anti-skating are pre adjusted in our factory. The package represents the ideal of stress-free ‘plug and play’: unpack, connect, put the record on the platter – and just enjoy music. There was never more audiophile technology in this class of turntables.
- Fully manual premium belt drive turntable.
- Decoupled DC motor with low noise bearings.
- 30mm polyoxymethylene low resonance platter.
- Innovative magnetic bearing tone arm.
- Concept moving magnetic cartridge.
- 3 speed finger tip control
- Resonance-optimised chassis
- Electronic speed selection, 33 ⅓, 45 and 78 rpm
- Decoupled DC motor with low noise bearings. Flat belt drive
- Polished and tempered steel shaft bearing in a sintered bronze bushing, runs on a mirror of Teflon
- Synthetic platter material, CNC precision milled surface, 30 mm thickness. Aluminium subplatter
- Speed accuracy ± 0.04 %
- Phonostage gain +52dB (MM), +72bD (MC)
- Phonostage THD -74dB (MM), -64dB (MC)
- S/N ratio ±0.5dB
- RIAA Accuracy 47kOhms
- Power consumption Max. consumption: 5.5 Watts, Off mode: 0.0 Watt
- Total weight Approx. 7.6 kg (incl. motor, tonearm and cartridge)
- W/D/D in mm Approx. 420 x 350 x 125 (with tonearm)
- Warranty 2 years*Only if the Manufacturer’s guarantee card is filled out correctly and sent back within 2 weeks to Clearaudio.
For an independent review head over to Review