ProAc have updated the Response D30 to the Response D30S. Still available in a dome or ribbon tweeter – Response D30DS and D30RS respectively
ProAc have developed a new bass driver using a cone similar to that used in our Response D48, the cone is made from pulp and Mika and is coated with an acoustic dope it also now has a phase plug to improve detail at the crossover point, which will give a more natural sound.
The Response D30S’ now offer a beautifully flat response. The new bass driver and crossover will give better mid-range detail and a wider sound stage. The D30S offers an exceptional accurate portrayal of the music with powerful bass response and excellent midrange detail with low colouration. They also offer a resistive load and are easy to drive. We use a crossover with the finest quality components split for bi-wiring and bi-amping through our beautiful nickel silver terminals.
The new D30DS/RS cabinet dimensions will stay the same and will still be available in Black, Cherry, Mahogany, Maple, Oak and White as standard with extra finishes in Ebony or Rosewood.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Amplifier: 20-200W
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 33kHz
- Sensitivity: 89.0dB linear for 1W at 1m
- Bass Driver: 6.9″ (175mm) ProAc unit
- Features: Pulp Mika cone and phase plug, coated with acoustic layer
- Tweeter: DS – 1″ silk dome tweeter with air cooling, RS – ProAc ribbon 60 x 10mm
- Damping: with rear chamber damping
- Crossover: Finest on dedicated circuit board Multi-strand OFC Cable throughout
- Terminals: Quality metal 5 way posts, 2 sets for bi-wiring/bi-amplification
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1041 x 215 x 266mm
- Plinth Dimensions (WxD): 257 x 311mm
- Weight: 27Kg each
For more information on this ProAc Loudspeaker head over to D20
For another model from the ProAc range head over to Studio 148