One of the life’s pleasures is to experience the intensity of an outstanding recorded performance in your own space. Q Series speakers by KEF bring you that pleasure in natural, accurate high-resolution sound. First introduced in 1991, the multiple award-winning Q Series has long delighted music lovers and audiophiles with outstanding sound quality and innovative design. The Q Series, now in its 8th iteration, brings high resolution sound with more depth and more clarity.
KEF Q350 Monitor Loudspeaker
KEF Q350 Bookshelf Speaker
“Sit anywhere” Uni-Q sound
At the heart of the evolved Q Series is the Uni-Q driver array. The signature innovation places the tweeter in the acoustic centre of the midrange and bass cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever to realisation. The result is a more detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with any conventional speaker. Uni-Q’s ultra-wide dispersion is further enhanced through KEF’s ‘tangerine’ waveguide over the tweeter dome.
Damped tweeter loading tube
With the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube providing a gentle termination of sound produced from the back of the tweeter, lower treble performance is improved dramatically and a new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass.
New system design
The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass. Midrange clarity is enhanced again through improvements to the mid-bass driver that allowed the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also created a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.
Featuring a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) port design with the port repositioned to the rear of the speaker, clarity is improved by reducing the audibility of the midrange leakage through the port.
- Model: Q350
- Design: Two-way bass reflex
- Drive Units: 165mm (6.5in.) aluminium Uni-Q, 25mm (1in.)vented aluminium dome HF
- Frequency range free field: 42Hz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 63Hz-28kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover Frequencies: 2.5kHz
- Maximum Output: 110dB
- Amplifier requirements: 15-120W
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V/1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.7Ohms)
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 358 x 210 x 306 mm, with rubber feet 362 x 210 x 306 mm
- Weight: 7.6kg (17 lbs)
For another model in the KEF range head over to Q550
For a review on this model head over to Stereophile
Have a Question?
- Our address: 1/81 Guthrie St Osborne Park Western Australia 6017
- Our phone: 08 9445 2783
- Our email: pierre [@] revolutionturntable.com.au OR jim [@] revolutionturntable.com.au