The Accuphase E-480 preamplifier section features the latest implementation of AAVA volume control for further enhanced clarity. Instrumentation amplifier principle in power amplification stage allows fully balanced signal transmission and realizes top-notch S/N ratio. Balanced Remote Sensing enables low impedance of output circuitry, resulting in a damping factor of 600. Power amplification stage uses power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration, delivering 180 watts into 8 ohms for dynamic music enjoyment.
AAVA is a revolutionary type of volume control that completely does away with any variable resistors in the signal path, using instead a combination of 16 V-I converter amplifiers with different gain. Because the music signal is not being attenuated by a rotary resistor, optimum S/N ratio and low distortion can be maintained over the entire volume range. The signal degradation and impedance changes of conventional designs are a thing of the past. In the E-480, the V-I converter amplifiers for the highest gain stage use four parallel circuits, providing ample operation leeway and ensuring high reliability and stability.
- Purely analog principle avoids the inherent noise of digital circuitry
- Excellent S/N ratio at any volume level position
- No change in sound quality over the entire range
- Finely graded volume adjustment steps
- No volume differences between left and right channel
- High channel separation
- Left/right balance adjustment and attenuation also realized with AAVA
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control.
- Power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration deliver ample power
- Rated 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
- Damping factor 600
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission, complemented by MCS+ topology and current feedback amplification circuitry.
- Logic-control relays for the shortest signal paths.
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors.
- POWER IN button allows separate use of pre amplifier and power amplifier sections.
- Protection circuitry using MOS-FET switches
- Numeric indication of volume level.
For more information on this model head over to Accuphase Laboratory
For other models in the Accuphase range try Accuphase E-650