Continuing the pursuit of sound excellence and with a heritage in phono cartridge manufacture spanning over 54 years. Audio-Technica have developed and engineered the AT-ART1000 to deliver the highest listening experience for playing analogue records. The AT-ART1000, the most advanced cartridge to date. Marries analogue audio expertise with cutting-edge materials and design. Incorporating a direct power system, often viewed as a theoretical ideal in cartridge development.
Direct Power System
To ensure audio quality is uncompromised by the cantilever’s length and material, the moving coil is positioned directly above the stylus tip without the need to transmit along the length of the cantilever. This close proximity between the coil movement and stylus tip allows the AT-ART1000 to vividly reproduce the finest sonic details, incredibly accurate medium and low frequencies, and deliver unsurpassed transient response.
Made in Japan
Meticulously handcrafted in Japan with over 54 years in cartridge manufacture and design heritage.
Non-Magnetic Core Coil
20μm diameter PCOCC coil wire, wound eight turns to a diameter of 0.9mm creates a non-magnetic core coil. Despite its non-magnetic core type, a 0.2mV output voltage is delivered by placing a 3 ohm coil within the miniscule 0.6mm gap of a powerful magnetic circuit.
Cartridge Rebuild Programme
To protect against damage to the cantilever and wear to the stylus tip of this product, we offer a paid-for Cartridge Rebuild Programme service. This programme provides the replacement of the whole assembly including stylus tip, cantilever, coils, and rubber dampers. For complete details about this program, please contact your local Audio-Technica Service Center. Please be aware that this program may be discontinued without prior notice, depending on the availability of spare parts or the amount of time that has passed since the release of the product.
- Type: Direct Power System
- Frequency Response: 15 – 30,000Hz
- Channel Separation: 30dB (1kHz)
- Channel Balance: 0.5dB (1kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 21˚
- Tracking Force Range: Due to the unique construction of the AT-ART1000, each individual cartridge is supplied with its own tracking force measurement to allow optimum setting, which is between a range of 2.0 to 2.5g
- Recommended Load Impedance: 30Ω
- Coil Impedance: 3Ω (1kHz)
- Static Compliance: 30 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Output Voltage: 0.2mV (1kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Cantilever: 0.26mm diameter solid boron
- Stylus Construction: Special Line Contact
- Weight: 11g
- Accessories: Non-magnetic screwdriver, 2 x Washer, Protector, 2 x Nut, Cartridge installation screws (2 x 12mm, 2 x 18mm), Brush, PCOCC Lead wire set
For other examples of fine Moving coil cartridges try Hana and Clearaudio